Thomas and Jennifer McIntyre - September 2018
Dear prayer supporters,
Thank you for your continual prayers and financial support that make our ministry in Taiwan possible. Here's the latest news and how you can pray.
1) We praise the Lord for our growing church. For two Sundays this past month we've had around 35 people in attendance! If everyone who said they would like to come would actually come on the same Sunday (which hasn't happened yet!), we could reach 50 people quite easily. So we're excited, and are now in the process of appointing coworkers (elders) for our church. We've asked four candidates to consider serving for a one-year term. Please pray for their growth in the Lord, and for wisdom as we train them to lead and share responsibilities in the church. This is a big step for us as we begin the process of giving more responsibility to the locals.
2) Our highlight this past month was when many parents from our kids English outreach came to our Sunday service and heard the Gospel, and when after doing some Bible studies with Jennifer, Mingyan (pictured above), expressed an openness to being baptized. Please pray for all the seeds planted to bear fruit. Jennifer will also re-start her Zumba outreach for a month, so we're praying new people will connect with us through that event.
3) We'll have a Mid-Autumn Festival BBQ on September 21. Please pray that many would come and feel connected to our wider church body. We'll also have a new missionary who will come to investigate the possibility of joining our team.
4) We will have our annual field conference October 6-10 in another city. We have a number of responsibilities during that time, so please pray for wisdom and energy, especially in the heat. We will be leading a session on church partnership, and another session on evangelism, as well as several worship sessions.
5) In December, we face a big team transition as our Finnish co-workers go on home assignment. Even if our New Zealand co-workers return in January, they will still need to do several months of language school, which means we'll be mostly working alone. Please pray for God to provide the local help we need as we face a large workload to manage our growing church. Running the weekly worship service, Sunday school, and our regular weekly outreaches will be challenging.
Thomas & Jennifer (see pictures below)
Our summer intern, India, taught an English class all summer to local children. (Tyler is photobombing)
We invited the English class parents to our Sunday morning worship and to watch their children sign a few English songs. To our surprise, many of the parents came, and it was their first time ever in church! Jennifer led worship on the piano, and Thomas preached on Luke 19, sharing the Gospel using the story of Zacchaeus. That Sunday we had 40 people worship with us.
Ladies gather after Sunday worship to share what they learned from the sermon and pray for one another. A fellowship meal follows the service.
More men have been coming to tea night recently! Thank you for praying!
Kids eat lunch together after church.
Ashlee poses for a picture with her teacher and classmates at the satellite school. She is so happy!
Ashlee and Taylor love a bouncy house!