Thomas and Jennifer McIntyre - February 2019
Dear prayer supporters,
We had a busy January getting our missionary coworkers settled in from home assignment and holding our "how to study the Bible" class, in addition to our weekly Sunday services, park ministry and individual Bible studies. Thomas taught at a seminary in January and Jennifer has been in leadership meetings. We celebrated Chinese New Year with friends (see above picture), and now we're back to work. Here's how you can pray this month.
1) Praise God that we have someone who has agreed to be baptized on Easter Sunday! Please pray for her preparation and growth in Christ. We have invited 3 more to be baptized but they are hesitating for various reasons--please pray that these will be resolved.
2) Please pray that our members would come to our weekly Friday night Bible study. We'll be going through some important discipleship material and are hoping it can be a time to dive deeper into God's Word and see our members grow together.
3) Our first youth group was a success. Four teenage girls attended, and one of our church coworkers lead the meeting. We're praying it will grow and that eventually some guys will come too. This is an important part of our church as the kids of the families we are reaching grow up fast.
4) Please continue to pray for a local pastor for our church. The person we are considering could start as early as next month, but there are many details to still work out. We hope to work alongside him for a few years.
5) With all of our responsibilities, we are very short-handed and ideally hope to recruit another missionary couple to join our team within the next half year. Praise God that we already got a single guy to join our team this summer.
Thomas & Jennifer (see pictures below)
OMF - Taiwan
The "how to study the Bible" class was a success.
Thanks for praying!
Our first youth group, led by one of our Taiwanese coworkers.
Students listen as Thomas teaches at a seminary in Hsinchu.
Jennifer shares a Bible story in the park.