Thomas and Jennifer McIntyre - Sept 2020
Thanks for your prayers and partnership that make our work in Taiwan possible. It has been a wild few weeks since our last newsletter. Jennifer had her second surgery, which was a success! It has helped her get back into a normal working mode. We also
- had an outdoor Sunday church service at a small zoo (see above picture)
- said goodbye to our long-time friend Claire (see picture below)
- our kids started school; Tyler has gotten closer to the other boys at church, which has been really good for him
- our coworker Kevin will get married this weekend!
Here's how you can keep praying.
1) Our team continues to struggle with whether or not Jordan and Bella are a good fit to truly take over our ministry. Please pray for wisdom as we navigate this and seek God's will in a complex situation. We still have 6 months left in their one-year contract, so hopefully things will improve. It has taken a toll on everyone on our team.
2) Thomas is meeting with Mr. Huang (Yong-yi's husband) each week. He is interested in being baptized! When Thomas was teaching him about sin and our need for salvation, Mr. Huang said he could accept this. Praise God that we are seeing him progress and better understand the Christian faith. Thomas will also ask William, a shop worker, if he is willing to do a short Bible study each week at his shop to introduce Christianity. Please pray for him to say "yes!"
3) Jennifer will start a "service industry" Wednesday night Bible study/informal church service for those who cannot attend church on Sunday morning due to work. Please pray that people will commit to coming regularly, and that they would grow together in fellowship, worship and the Word.
4) On Sept. 18 Jennifer will start a biweekly outreach that will teach women about interpersonal skills and communication. Pray that our church members will be proactive in inviting their friends to come, and that this will attract new people to our church.
Thomas & Jennifer
See pictures below
We said goodbye to Claire, who is moving to Taichung. She was our first friend when we moved here 8 years ago. In the throes of teary farewells, Claire said she hopes to come back to our church to get baptized in December! Please pray that time away from her family will help her finalize this decision.
We prayed for Helen after dining together at an Italian restaurant. She is one of our church's high school graduates and will start college soon. Pray for her grow in desire to know Christ, even though the school she'll be attending is Buddhist.
Men enjoy drinking tea and chatting after our Sunday service.
Ashlee speaks during a chapel presentation at her school. It was her first time to give a presentation in front of so many people!